About the Endowment Campaign
The Simms/Mann Center is expanding its vital services to care for patients in all UCLA Health Hematology/Oncology clinics throughout Southern California. With our dramatically increased expansion of services comes a need for even greater philanthropy. To ensure that the patient-centered care offered by the Simms/Mann—UCLA Center for Integrative Oncology continues to be available to all UCLA oncology patients, free of charge, throughout Southern California, the Center recently launched a $50 million endowment campaign, led by a generous $18 million gift from The Simms/Mann Family Foundation. The Simms/Mann Family Foundation gift includes a matching component to inspire others to participate in ensuring continuity of funding for the Center and the expansion of its life-affirming work.
The Endowment Campaign will ensure that the Center’s whole-person, integrative care continues in perpetuity, and that its programs are available to all who need it when they need it, regardless of their financial situation or geographic location in Southern California.
Your donations will help support a variety of free services to patients with cancer and their families including:
- Counseling: Individual and family support, including consultation for parents and their children
- Creative Programming: Artistic modalities, including writing, art, and music, to help patients connect to their creativity and express their unique stories
- Education: Insights into Cancer lecture series and evidence-based educational blogs, articles, and cancer-specific resources housed on the Simms/Mann Center website
- Mind/Body Workshops: Qi gong, mindfulness/meditation, art therapy, acupressure
- Spiritual Care: Individual support and the Circle of Reflection group led by the Center’s Dr. John Glaspy Chaplain in Oncology Care
- Support Groups: Breast cancer, pre-surgery, partner/spouse and bereavement support groups
Gifts of all levels are appreciated. Named endowments can be created for gifts of $250,000 or more. You can choose to designate your gift to a certain program or clinic location, and pledges are payable over up to five years. To discuss a named endowment, please contact Audrey Hiatt at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (317) 554-7994.
To learn more about giving an endowment gift to a particular area, please see the information sheets:
The Simms/Mann Family Foundation’s commitment wonderfully includes a gift-matching fund of $6 million, to inspire other philanthropists to support the center’s vital work. Each gift to the endowment campaign will be generously matched by the Foundation at 20%, until the $6 million fund is complete.* Please make a gift now to ensure the Center remains a key resource for generations to come.
Make a Gift
Click here to make an online gifts
You may download and print a donation form to enclose with your gift.
To give by check:
Make checks payable to Jonsson Cancer Center Foundation with “Simms/Mann Endowment Fund” in the check’s memo line.
Mail to: UCLA Jonsson Cancer Center Foundation, Attn: Audrey Hiatt
9-623 Factor Building
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1780
To make a gift by phone or for more information, please call (310) 794-1923 or email Audrey Hiatt at email@example.com.
All gifts are tax-deductible to the maximum extent allowable by law.
Gifts to UCLA are subject to a 6.5% gift fee. The endowment match applies to the net total of the gift.