Gifts in Honor or In Memory of
Many of the gifts we receive are in memory or in honor of others. These gifts are a meaningful way to pay tribute to an individual, to recognize a birthday, anniversary, holiday or other life event.
How to Give a Gift in memory or in honor of someone:
- Please include the name and address of the person who should be notified.
- A personal acknowledgement will be sent stating that a gift has been received in memory of the individual specified and that it will be used to further the Center’s mission.
- The amount of the gift will not be disclosed.
Personal Fundraising Pages:
A great way to show support to a friend or family member, express gratitude to a clinician or staff member from the Center, or to honor a loved one’s memory by increasing cancer awareness is through a personal fundraising page. The easy-to-create page can help you raise funds for the Center’s life-enhancing services, and is dedicated to your cause, event, or occasion. The pages work well for tributes, birthdays, and weddings, to name a few.
Other Types of Gifts:
- Pledges (may be paid over a one- to five-year period.)
- A matching gift – ask if your employer has a matching-gift policy. If it does, complete the appropriate form and send it to the Center along with your gift.
- Gifts of stock and wire transfers. Contact Audrey Hiatt at email@example.com or (317) 554-7994 for instructions or questions.
- Planned gifts such as: bequests, annuities, or trusts. Sample bequest language is available here. Should you wish to further discuss your estate planning goals in support of the of the Simms/Mann – UCLA Center for Integrative Oncology, please contact: Melissa Brody, Director of Development & Donor Relations, UCLA Jonsson Cancer Center Foundation, 8-950 Factor Building, Box 951780, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1780, (310) 794-7623, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All gifts are tax-deductible to the maximum extent allowable by law.